Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Me @ NYU/ISAW

Briefly... I'm sitting in an office at NYU's Institute for the Study of the Ancient World, where I am now a Visiting Scholar. This is preliminary to a more permanent position with details to come.

My main goal is to work on issues of digital publication and on integration of diverse digital resources. I had started collaborating with ISAW-folk on these issues some time back, which is why I've been blogging about them.

I'm extremely excited to be working with my new colleagues here - a veritable dream-team of digital humanists - and am looking forward to making real progress when it comes to sharing well-structured, semantically-rich, open-licensed scholarship about the Ancient World.

And I'll still be collaborating with my long-time friends at the ANS, particularly on Nomisma.org. And field-work goes on.

Back to work...

1 comment:

sgillies said...

This is great news!